Porcelain and Ceramic Floor Tiles
Porcelain and ceramic floor tiles are two elegant and versatile surfaces. These tiles can be found in kitchen and bathroom floors and offer a durable, wipe-clean option for your floor spaces! They are available in patterned designs for a vintage look, realistic wood effects for a warm approach, or faux stones and concretes for a cool, trendy scheme.
Porcelain and ceramic floor tiles are similar in many ways. You can’t always tell them apart by quickly glancing at the installed products.
Both tiles are clay-based and kiln-fired, but porcelain is technically a specialized type of ceramic. The clays used to make porcelain have a higher density and are fired longer at a higher temperature than ceramic.
The difference in ingredients and production methods creates types of tile with unique characteristics. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages in the porcelain tile vs. ceramic tile decision.
HOW DO WE CLEAN YOUR CERAMIC TILED FLOORS?
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and shine level.
- Step 2 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection.
- Step 3 – Cleaning solution is applied to the floor using a mop and left to dwell.
- Step 4 – Using a rotary machine with a variety of abrasive pads and brushes the tiles and grout are deep cleaned. This process is repeated as many times as required until the floor is fully stripped/clean. Edges and corners are finished by hand along with any grout lines that require extra cleaning.
- Step 5 – Fresh water rinsing and high-power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks.
- Step 6 – Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor.
- Step 7 – Once dry the floor it is ready to be sealed. We typically apply 3 – 4 coats depending on customer requirements. The finish can either be natural or gloss.
- Step 8 – Once dry the seal gives a protective coating to the tiles and grout that will help to prevent spillages and dirt getting ground in. Not only will the floor look great but daily cleaning and maintenance will be much easier, keeping your floor looking like new for longer.
- Step 9 – Customer walk round and inspection process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance.
Benefits of our service
Book our trained and experienced technicians to restore your LTV floor to discover why our customers praise our work.
There are many benefits of or LVT floor cleaning service, including:
• Extend the life of your LTV flooring
• Less maintenance–cleaning / sweeping
• Seal / Dressing helps protect the surface from wear and scuffing
• Better and brighter colour achieved
• A safer, healthier & cleaner environment for your family and pets
• Our process protects your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
• Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or me
Why choose Gerrards?
• Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
• Health and safety compliant
• Fully Trained Technicians
• Quality Added Value of service
• Minimum Disruption
• Friendly Personal Service
Call us on 01942 864474 to arrange an appointment for us to survey and demo clean your floor. This also gives you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve and allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve the desired results.